Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Episode 1.15- The One with the Stoned Guy


The TV.com Summary
This is the one where Monica cooks a gourmet meal for a restaurateur looking for a new chef, but he is stoned, Chandler gets promoted to data processing supervisor, then quits, and Ross has a date with a beautiful colleague named who will only satisfy him if he talks dirty to her.

The Guest Stars

Melora Hardin as Celia
special appearance by
Jon Lovitz as Steve

The Ratings

Creativity- 8.7
Humor- 8.9
Emotion- 8.3
Fun- 8.9
Overall- 8.8

Chandler- 8.6 (Not too much funny to do, but fits pretty well into a more serious leading role)
Joey- 8.1 (Don't even remember what he did in this episode)
Monica- 8.9 (Straddles the line between funny-kooky and serious-desperate beautifully)
Phoebe- 8.8 (Not much to say, except hilarious as always!)
Rachel- 8.6 (Excellent, funny, hilarious... smallish part)
Ross- 9.2 (Ross is superb again as he shines with another main storyline)

The Best Lines
Chandler: Ms. Tedlock... you're looking lovely today. May I say that is a very flattering sleeve length on you.

Ross (watching log throwing on TV): You watch something like this and you realize... why evolution is just a theory.

Chandler: I don't have a dream!
Ross: Ah, the lesser known I don't have a dream speech.

Monica (enters the apartment): Ahh, I love my life, I love my life!
Phoebe (lights up): Ooh! Brian's Song!

Phoebe: Ooh! I know what you could make! I know! Oh, you should make that thing, you know, with the stuff. You know that, that THING, with the, the stuff! Okay, I don't know...

Ross: Hey, does anyone know a good date place in the city?
Joey: Uhh... how 'bout Tony's? If you can finish a 32 oz. steak, it's free!
Ross: Mmkay... (clears his throat) Hey, does anyone know a good place if you're not dating a puma?

Monica: You see... Wendy's more of a... professional waitress.
Rachel: Oh, I see, yes, and I've sort of been maintaining by amateur status so I can waitress in the Olympics!
Chandler: You know... I don't mean to brag, but I waited tables at Innsbruck in '76. Took home a bronze.

Celia: Say something... hotttt.
Ross (hesitates for a while): Ummmm... vulva.

Monica: 12 dollars an hour!
Rachel: Mon, I wish I could, but I made plans to walk around.

Steve: Hello, Monica. (to Rachel) Hello, greeter girl.

Steve: Well, smack my ass and call me Judy! These are fantastic!

The Moments

The "talk dirty" lady.
Ross talks dirty to Joey.
Chandler quits and then takes his job back.
Jon Lovitz's turn as a stoned restaurateur.

The Romances

Ross goes out with Celia, the bug lady, later to be known as the "talk dirty" lady.

The Verdict

Quite a humorous episode, with Jon Lovitz in an absolutely gut-busting role as the stoned massage client of Phoebe turned enemy of Monica and Phoebe. Great lines throughout this episode, there wasn't too much of a sense of emotion, but there was some. Once again, many memorable moments from this episode. Love Chandler's committment issues, they show up in his work as well as in his personal life. He was excellent and great in this episode, as was everyone except really Joey, who just didn't do too much. Another in a long string of good episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment