Sunday, February 14, 2010

Episode 1.4- The One with George Stephanopoulus


The Summary
This is the one where Ross mourns the anniversary of losing his virginity to Carol while at a hockey game with the guys. Rachel gets her first paycheck, the girls have a slumber party, and George Stephanopoulos's pizza is delivered to Monica by mistake.

The Guest Stars

Mary-Pat Gleason as Nurse Sizemore
Marianne Hagan as Joanne
Michele Maika as Kiki
Leesa Bryte as Leslie

The Ratings

Creativity- 8.6
Humor- 8.8
Emotion- 8.4
Fun- 8.7
Overall- 8.8

Chandler- 8.7 (Great in this episode, he's really starting to crack me up!)
Joey- 8.6 (Surprisingly funny here, he really sneaked up on me)
Monica- 8.9 (Over-the-top hilarious and maternal, she was great!)
Phoebe- 9.2 (Absolutely gut-bustingly funny, she had some amazing lines!)
Rachel- 8.6 (Showed a wide range of emotions, but annoyed me at some points)
Ross- 8.7 (Funny, funny, funny! However, his moping got irritating)

The Best Lines
Chandler: If I were omnipotent for a day, I'd make myself omnipotent forever!
Rachel: See there's always one guy... "If I had a wish, I'd wish for three more wishes..."

Monica: Hey Joey, what would you do if you were omnipotent?
Joey: I'd probably kill myself.
Monica: Excuse me?
Joey: Hey, if little Joey's dead, then I've got no reason to live.
Ross: Joey, OM-nipotent
Joey: You are? Ross, I'm sorry. I had no idea... I thought it was like a theoretical question.

Phoebe: I remember the day I got my first paycheck. There was a cave-in at one of the mines and eight people were killed.
Monica: Wow, you worked in a mine?
Phoebe: No, I worked in a Dairy Queen. Why?

(Rachel and her friends are screaming and whooping)
Phoebe (to Monica): Look! I have elbows!
(Monica and Phoebe scream and whoop, imitating the girls)

Phoebe: You are just like Jack!
Rachel: Jack from downstairs?
Phoebe: No. Jack and the Beanstalk!
Monica: Ah, the other Jack...
Phoebe: Yeah, right! See, he gave up something, but then he got those magic beans. And then he woke up and there was this, this big plant outside of his window... full of possibilities and stuff. And he lived in a village, and you live in The Village!
Rachel: Okay, but Pheebs, Pheebs, Jack gave up a cow... I gave up an orthodontist. Okay, I know, I know I didn't love him, but-
Phoebe: Oh... see, Jack did love the cow.

Monica: Phoebe, do you have a plan?
Phoebe: I don't even have a 'pl'...

The Moments

Phoebe, Rachel, and Monica have a slumber party and spy on George Stephanopoulus.
Ross gets hit by a hockey puck.

The Romances

Ross reveals that his first time with Carol was his first time.

The Verdict

Excellent episode! This one may not have had tons of laughs, but when the laughs came they were long and loud. It had a wonderful slow burn, and two of the strongest plotlines we've seen this season: the sleepover and the hockey game/emergency room. Wonderful comedy and a hilarious, high on fun, high on emotion episode that left me satisfied and wanting more. Good thing I have 10 seasons left!

No comments:

Post a Comment